conductor. Initially having the profession of a violinist, it was apparent that timbrel variety and saturation of the symphonic orchestra was very alluring for Mlkeyan as a musician. And the profession of a conductor was correspondingly chosen. The foundations of that profession were lain down in the indisputably prestigious school of Saint Petersburg; simultaneously learning and mastering two professions. The first one was opera and symphonic conducting, and the second one, choir conducting. Then the post-graduation and 27 years of professional experience followed.
• The Student Choir of the Yerevan Komitas Conservatory Composition and Musicology Department.
• Conservatory Youth Choir: “Grand Prix” prizewinner in the republican contest. In addition, assistant probationer of Emin Kchachatrian’s class.
• 1992-2000, artistic director and principal conductor of the State Symphonic Orchestra of Gyumri; artistic director and principal conductor of the Gyumri Chamber Choir.
• Founder of the “Hay Folk” Vocal Ensemble in Yerevan, in 1995. High achievements in the Republic and a number of tours.
• Since 2000 Director and Principal Conductor of the Armenian Chamber Choir. In 2008 the choir received the state status and ever since Artistic Director and Principal Conductor of the Armenian State Chamber Choir.
• Concert tours in Paris, Lyon, Marseille, several tours in London, Aleppo, Damascus, Latakia, Tbilisi, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Hannover, Frankfurt, Strasbourg. Participant of a highly prestigious international music festival in Bergamo. Concerts in prestigious concert halls such as “Donizetti’s Opera Theatre”- Bergamo, «White Hall”- St. Petersburg, European Union Concert Hall “Salle Schweitzer at the Palais de la Musique et des Cogres of Strasbourg” in Strasbourg.
• Achievements both as an individual and as the Director of the Armenian State Chamber Choir.
• Artistic Director of the music section in the Armenian Days at EXPO-2000 International exhibition in Hannover.
• “ARS POETICA’’ CD release by the worldwide famous ECM Sound Recording Studio.
• “ARS POETICA” CD’s detailed information on the honorary pages of the famous English music catalogue “THE GRAMOPHONE”.
• In 1996 was awarded the “Movses Khorenatsi” Medal for his significant contribution in the Armenian cultural life and music.
• In 2008 received the title of “Honored Worker of Art” of the Republic of Armenia.